The first issue of the first newspaper published in Elkton
was November 29, 1883. The name was the Elkton Times. At that
time it was a 7 column eight page sheet, six pages being ready
print and two being home print. It was run off an old army
press and was all set by hand. The publisher at that time
was A.E Rising.
The Times was published until May, 1884, at which time the
paper was purchased by C.A. Bancroft and the name changed
to the Elkton Record.
Past publishers include: A.E. Rising, 1883-1884; C.A. Bancroft,
1884-1885, J.L. Pratt, 1920-1926; H.C. King, 1926-1928; Mr.
and Mrs. E. Rhian, 1928-1948; Robert Renshaw, 1949-1958; Jack
Frembgen, 1958-1960; Robert Lundgren (with son Dennis Lundgren),
1960-1985; Chuck Cecil, 1986-1991; Christopher Schumacher,